About this role
Our Client, an International Telecommunication company is currently recruiting for Senior Financial & Operational Auditor to be based in Kuwait. Candidates should be available in Kuwait with Transferable Visa and can join on short notice.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of company’s audit risk areas through a risk-based audit methodology and provides input to the development of a risk-based annual audit plan of Financial & Operational Audit;
- Gather the management requirements for the audit plan through the different meetings with the management, consultation with Regulatory and Compliance requirements, and external audit;
- Perform financial and operational audits and review the work performed to ensure the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached;
- Ensure that audit procedures are strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting technical processes and procedures;
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer preliminary audit surveys, compose summary memos, and prepare working papers;
- Prepare/develop the audit programs with appropriate testing mechanisms, execute the audit program, recognize control weaknesses, assess the materiality of these weaknesses, and relate them back to the scope and objectives of the audit;
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations for improvement;
- Communicate the results, findings and recommendations of audit projects via written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the management and GCAE;
- Follow up the implementation of audit recommendations in a timely manner;
- Interact with staff, section heads, department directors and managers and when necessary with executive management in order to obtain and/or communicate relevant information to achieve the objective/s of the Financial & Operational Audit;
- Maintain all organisational and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing ), IIA Code of Ethics;
- Work independently under general direction with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
- Support the Assistant Director Financial & Operational Audit in coordinating with the external auditors and facilitate their fieldwork in the Company.
- Assist in the consulting engagements related to financial and operational aspects of company if asked to do so by superiors;
- Communicate the results of consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to the management and GCAE;
- Assist in the review of company policies and procedures for submission to the GCAE before being raised for Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors approval.
c. Special Assignments and Fraud Investigations
- Conduct any fraud investigations or any special audit assignments as instructed by superiors;
- Communicate the results, finding and recommendations of special assignment/investigation via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to the management and GCAE.
- Supervise and/or review the work of Financial & Operational Auditor, and provide them guidance in conducting audits and other audit related issues during an assignment;
- Contribute to the motivation of the internal audit staff by providing day to day assistance, and by training and coaching, where necessary.
e. Development & Improvement Program
- Develop and maintain productive team-oriented management and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings;
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers;
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Represent internal audit at Company project team meetings and management meetings if asked to do so by superiors.
- Other duties as directed by superiors.
- Different Company divisions and departments.
- Evaluate the company’s processes and identifies potential problem areas where related controls need further testing.
Planning & Organizing
- Carry out risk analysis and assist in the preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Perform sufficient tests, including data analysis, to provide reasonable assurance that internal controls are existing and adequate;
- Identify and evaluate possible solutions to identified control issues, recommend them and obtain management agreement or actions on such recommendations.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
- Prepare audit report including the weaknesses noted in the systems of internal controls, non-compliance with procedures/instructions and recommendations for improvements;
- Discuss audit issues with concerned managers and obtains comments for reported points.
Reports to Assistant Director Financial & Operational Audit
Team working, coaching, guiding
This role has contact with all departments across the organization at a managerial level.
Decision making authority and business impact of role
The role holder assists the Assistant Director Financial & Operational Audit around the scope of an audit, identifying expansion needs when necessary and also around reporting and the type of recommendations that are reported to the parties involved.
- Annual audit plan coverage;
- Quality of audits carried out and reports prepared;
- Level of compliance with related standards, rules and work instructions;
- Completion of assigned duties within allocated times and resources.
- Minimum 8 years experience in auditing & accounting, preferably with telecommunications audit background;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent;
- Certification in at least one area (e.g. CIA, CA, CPA, etc.) is preferable;
- Knowledge of international accounting and reporting standards;
- Knowledge of the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics;
- Ability to use audit tools;
- Knowledge of industry best practices policies, procedures, regulations, and laws;
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations;
- Preferably bilingual..
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deeksha Vidyadatt Raturi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Deeksha Vidyadatt Raturi
Brunel Energy Kuwait